Comprehensive order management can not only save money for your company but also synchronize inventory and order. That can help businesses enhance their market reputation by increasing end-to-end visibility across all the sales channels your company uses.
What is a traditional order management system?
Order management system solutions can integrate your EDI for better management of your inventory tools. At the same time, it reduces the need for manual intervention during inventory and order management. The reduction of manual data entry into the back-office system or accounting can reduce the frequency of errors in the system.
Getting your inventory and orders in place will finally lead to customer fulfillment. The end-to-end order management tools and services can help the user deliver bulk orders on time, just like the single SKU. The result is a better consumer experience and higher consumer satisfaction rates.
What are the benefits of using an order management system solution?
The typical OMS solutions should provide you with the following–
- Taking control of your order and inventory management system such that there are no black holes where the money seems to be disappearing.
- Distribution and compartmentalization of tasks that will allow easy registration of orders. The program can also assign specific tasks to designated employees, which also makes consumer help desk duties less of a mess.
- Reinforcement of transparency in management accounting that can offer a complete picture of all transactions to the management. It can aid proper business management as a whole.
- You can expect to see a boost in productivity in your team. The order management platform will show you the number of orders/complaints each employee is handling, the number of pending orders, and canceled items.
- The unified customer base will provide you with all the information you need on the consumer to create an email list, segment consumer lists, or assess the demographics of your consumer base.
How does an OMS unify sales, consumer management, and customer loyalty?
In addition to the five benefits we have mentioned above, order management system solutions provide a centralized platform for the management of all orders from multiple channels. Centralizing the inventory and orders can provide updated information to the customer as well as the employee handling the particular order. It helps a brand meet the consumer expectations regarding product quality, shipment schedule, order status, order fulfillment, and return/exchange.
A unified dashboard that gives you access to sales reports queued up orders, and customer information is all you need to increase your customer loyalty. Reports show that companies that currently use an OMS perform better than their competitors in terms of consumer experience and customer retention.
Should you go for an OMS solution?
An OMS can reduce errors and improve customer experience, which are both integral in enhancing a brand’s image. If you are a small or medium-sized business struggling to establish its reputation, opting for a hosted OMS can be an excellent idea. It is a cost-efficient solution for managing your entire inventory that you can sell on any sales channel.