What is category wise previous year cutoff for JEE Main?

What is category wise previous year cutoff for JEE Main?

Being one of the toughest engineering entrance exams, JEE Exam is very important when it comes to getting admission in top-level engineering Institutes like NIT, IIT. The Cut-off in JEE Main is the minimum score needed to appear for JEE Advanced exam. The cut-off of JEE Main plays a vital role in deciding the future of the candidate. In order to make it for the Merit-list, you need to qualify for the exam and need to score good marks.

The cut-off for JEE Main is prepared after analysing various factors such as the number of applications received, the quantity of the questions asked, the difficulty level of the question and performance of the aspirants. Here we provide you with JEE Main cut off marks for different categories. So that you get the rough idea of the cut-off and can prepare for the exam accordingly.

Cut Off for JEE Main (Category Wise)

The exam conducting authority NTA will release the respective results and the cut-off for different colleges after the conduct of JEE Main 2019 exam for both January and April session. Let us now look at the previous year cut-off for JEE Main in order to get a rough idea about cut off for JEE Main 2019.

Also checkout here-  Top 5 Android apps for JEE Main Preparation

Category-Wise JEE Main Cut off 2018

Category JEE Main cut off
PwD 35
SC 29
ST 24
Common Rank List 74

The rank is decided on the basis of the score that you have got in the exam and the last rank that is there in the list is considered as the cut off. If you will score less than the cut off you will not be eligible for taking admission in any of the participating colleges.

All India Rank is declared after evaluating the 60% of the score on the basis of your JEE scores and the remaining 40% is based on the normal scores in 12th Board exams. You can check the cut off scores for JEE Main and then calculate the college and branch in which you want to enrol. There will be a different list for category wise cut off for JEE Main.

Now let us consider category wise cut off for JEE Main for last five years.

Cut Off JEE Main-General Category

Years JEE Main Cut Off
2013 113
2014 115
2015 105
2016 100
2017 81

 Cut Off JEE Main- SC Category

Years JEE Main Cut Off
2013 50
2014 53
2015 50
2016 52
2017 32

Cut Off JEE Main- ST Category

Years JEE Main Cut Off
2013 45
2014 47
2015 44
2016 48
2017 27

Cut Off Jee Main-OBC Category

Years JEE Main Cut Off
2013 70
2014 74
2015 70
2016 70
2017 49

JEE Main-Minimum Score

The cut off is the minimum score you need to clear the exam. Here is the tabulated form of the opening and closing ranks cut off for JEE Main of top-level NITs colleges.

Name of the College Opening Rank Closing Rank
NIT Puducherry 5377 22276
BIT Patna 16775 28684
BIT Ranchi 4818 13285
BIT Deoghar 8290 39292
IIT D&M, TN 1542 17503
Faculty of Engineering Haridwar 1170 36709
IIIT Allahabad 109 14757
DR. Bheem Rao Ambedkar NIT, Jalandhar 4303 22540
Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur 7982 30886
Indian Institute of Technology IIT Nagpur 15794 8135
Indian Institute of Technology IIT Pune 6060 6558
Indian Institute of Technology IIIT Srirangam Tiruchirappalli 18473 31157
Indian Institute of Technology IIT Design and Manufacturing Kurnool Andhra Pradesh 10736 12639
NIT Patna 6861 18903
NIT Nagaland 12446 40511
NIT Calicut 470 17731
NIT Delhi 707 13423
NIT Goa 2574 18383
NIT Sikkim 9446 31946
NIT Durgapur 7376 21206
NIT Jamshedpur 3318 13041
NIT Hamirpur 5200 12743
NIT Manipur 10577 38742
NIT Mizoram 8929 34658
NIT Kurukshetra 874 8916
NIT Meghalaya 12185 34830
NIT Raipur 7280 17664
NIT Rourkela 1005 6091
NIT Srinagar 3411 29643
NIT Agartala 4080 25737
NIT Uttarakhand 5535 19466
NIT Silchar 2797 15557
NIT Warangal 33 2100
NIT Surathkal 11 4468
NIT Tiruchirappalli 1056 15416

The JEE Exam conducting authority will release All India Rank after the completion of results. The All India Rank will provide admission to top engineering colleges like NITs, IITs, and other GFTIs. You will be called for the counselling on the basis of marks you have obtained in the JEE Main exam.

The final list will be prepared after taking into account the JEE Main score. And there will be different merit list for every category in JEE Main.

You need to prepare well for JEE Main 2019 exam in order to score well and get a good rank.  Adopt a smart approach by practising previous year question paper, mock test and daily quizzes. The practising will surely increase your speed and accuracy in the exam. Do not attempt any question if you are not sure about it as this will lead to negative marking in the exam.

Don’t forget to download JEE Main app. It provides free study material, quizzes, mock test, previous year papers, and all the updates related JEE Main exam.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *