As you plan a long-awaited road trip in a motor home hire in Australia, you may be deciding on cities and places to visit. May we suggest that you visit Hobart? It’s not as well-known as other places in Australia, but it certainly has its charm and is worth a stop along the way. For those who enjoy learning the history about countries and cities, you can rest assured that Hobart won’t disappoint. From nature to museums, there is something for everyone to see in this Australian city.
To help you decide if it’s a place that you want to visit, we have compiled the top things to do in Hobart. Take a look and see if you can’t be convinced to visit this fascinating Australian destination:
- First of all, you will want to visit the beautiful nature in the area. Wellington should be one of the first places for you to visit. There, you will be able to observe the city in a unique way. Plus, it doesn’t hurt that you’ll get to get in a hike. Make sure to bring your camera as on a clear day, you will be able to get shots of the city and sometimes even the ocean. It’s a great opportunity for that perfect social-media update.
- If you love to see a beautiful home every now and then, visit Battery Point. Battery Point is where you will find old historic homes and also be able to enjoy a coffee or food at one of the local cafes. It’s worth a visit.
- Head on over to Historic Harbour for some fun admiring the yacht races that take place here or enjoying a meal in front of the water.
- Go shopping at Salamanca Markets where you can enjoy plenty of delectable food or observe the vendors and street performers. Australians are lively and fun people; you don’t want to miss out on this experience.
- Are you looking for something artsy to do in the area? Visit MONA, an art gallery where you will find fabulous paintings—both old and new. It’s a place that can take some time to explore, so if you are an avid art lover, know that you are in for a treat.
- For some more history, head on over to Port Arthur Historical Site where you will be able to learn much about the prison culture in the olden days of Australia. While it may be a somewhat sad tale to hear, it’s an interesting one for the history buffs.
- Since Hobart is already on your list of places to see while on your road trip in a motorhome hire, you may as well make the most of your visit. Visit the Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens: a place for those who enjoy spending time in beautiful places full of flowers, bushes, trees, and plants galore. The gardens are expertly kept and full of Australian plant species. It’s an educational experience as well as a leisurely one.
- Are you in the mood for some delicious brews? Why not? You’re on vacation. Go ahead and head on over to the Cascade Brewery. Not only will you be impressed by the architecture of the place, but the beer is quite tasty as well. Another highly impressive factor about this brewery is that it was built in 1832. If that’s not enough to get you in there, who could say what would convince you? But, take our word, it is a must-visit if you travel to Hobart.
- If you are in the mood for more exhilarating views, get your walking shoes on and go visit the Truganini Track. It isn’t the easiest of walks yet it is one that the whole family can enjoy. Along the way, you will be able to enjoy observing the beauty of local plants and once you reach the top, well, of course, you will be rewarded with a breathtaking view of the ocean, harbour, and city below.
- If you are looking for another thing to do in Hobart with your kids, visit the Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary. There you will be able to observe animals that you and your family may have never seen before. From wallabies to wombats, this will be an extremely fun and educational experience for all who visit. It should be on the top of your list for families with small children.
Hobart is located in Tasmania which is one of the most captivating areas in Australia. It’s a place that you will want to visit while traveling through the country in a motorhome hire and will reward you with plenty to see and do. Hobart promises to be an educational and fun destination for those who want to get to know all that they can about Australia, it’s history, and its people. Get driving and enjoy Australia!