CLAT or Common Law Admission Tests is the national level entrance exam for entry into undergraduate and postgraduate law courses at National Law Universities (NLUs) across the country as well as other law colleges accepting the scores. CLAT 2020 registrations have been opened from 1st January 2020 until 31st March 2020.
Eligibility for CLAT 2020 Registrations
To fill up the CLAT 2020 applications, the candidates need to fulfil the eligibility criteria.
For the integrated 5-year course:
- Candidates need to complete 10+2 or equivalent from a state or national board
- Candidates need to secure a minimum of 45% in their 10+2(General category) and a minimum of 40%(Reserved category)
- Candidates can now apply irrespective of their age, criteria that was recently removed
To apply for the LLM course:
- Candidates should have completed their graduation in law with minimum 55% marks(General Category) and 50% marks(Reserved Category)
- Candidates in their final year of law can also fill in the CLAT 2020 applications
- There is no age limit to apply for CLAT 2020 registrations for candidates seeking admission to LLM courses
Important Dates for CLAT 2020 Registrations and Examination
|Online CLAT 2020 Registrations Begin 1st January 2020
|Last date of application 31st March 2020
|Release of Admit cards First or Second week of May 2020
|CLAT Exam Date 10th May 2020
|CLAT Result Announcement 24th May 2020
How and Where to fill CLAT 2020 Registration forms?
In order to fill the CLAT 2020 applications, the candidates need to visit the official website of the CLAT consortium at https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/clat-2020/
- Candidates need to click on ‘register’ in the box on the right side of the page and fill in all the details required on the page such as name, mobile number and password. On submitting these details, the candidates need to confirm the information they have provided
- They will then receive an OTP on their registered mobile number to confirm their registration
- The candidates now need to use the registered credentials to log in to their account to proceed with filling the CLAT 2020 application form
- The CLAT 2020 application form appears on the screen, and the candidates need to fill in the required details such as name, gender, date of birth, nationality, father’s name, mother’s name, state of domicile, communication details, academic qualifications, course they wish to apply for, category -reserved or not and test centre
- Once the candidates have submitted the form, the next page requires them to upload their scanned passport-size photograph, digital signature and domicile certificate
- After uploading the documents, the next step in the CLAT 2020 registration is paying the application fee for the exam. The cost is INR 4000/- for General category and INR 3500/- for Reserved category
- Once the payment has been made, the candidates get a confirmation that his/her CLAT registration has been completed. The candidates can take a printout of their submitted application form until the admit cards are released.
Check out complete details for CLAT 2020 at https://www.shiksha.com/law/clat-exam